Food hygiene is a critical component of keeping all who attend Early Years Education Services free from exposure to foodborne illnesses such as Botulism, Campylobacteria, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Giardiasis, Listeriosis, Norovirus and Salmonella. There are also some unique considerations for the Early Years Education Sector given the dietary requirements of babies and young children. These issues and more are covered in the 3EY Food Hygiene Course.
The Food Safety Training is recognised by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland and is called ‘Food Safety and You.’ The aims and learning objectives for the learner are:
- The Importance of good hygiene and practice.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene
- Recognising cross contamination and preventing it
- Knowing the key food safety temperatures and recording the temperature of food
- Pest control
- Implementing the skills in your workplace.
As well as being important to the early years sector, this course is recommended to anyone working in the food industry.
The course is delivered entirely online and takes 3 hours to complete. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to all those who complete the course. Email us at email@example.com to enquire about the next course. This is available for individual bookings or providers who wish to book several places.